Friday 12 May 2017

Congrats card for Newly Weds - GDT post for Scrapping4fun Challenge #90

Hello everyone
I am so excite to share this beautiful card which I have made for the GDT post at Scrapping4fun challenge blog for Challeneg#90. I am so glad they gave me this opportunity. I want you all to click the link below and come play at this month's challenge.
I have made a circular shabby chic card using Papericious The Wedding collection pattern paper....which is my current favorite and I am very soon going to do an album using the same papers.
So, what I basically did is cut a 6" diameter circle and then gave it scallop edge with my art scissors. Then I cut more circle which measured 1/8th inch smaller in size and from a silver glitter paper. I layered my pattern paper over this which was cut 1/4th of an inch small than the outermost circle. I distressed it at edges and popped it over some foam sheet to give it some dimension. Now, my card base is 53/4"circular base which I cut did a little offcenter to ensure that it had an hinge.....else I would get 2 separate circles.I glued my card base to the top and then started the work on my card front.
The sentiment in the center as well as the circular bouquet is from the paper pack. I colored all the flowers using Distress inks in Spun sugar, Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac and Fossilized Amber. For the leaves I used Twisted citron and Crushed Olive.

For the sentiment, I did distress ink blending with Shaded Lilac, Fossilized Amber and Spun Sugar. Then I clear heat embossed it and while it was still hot I sprinkled some clear sparkle dust on it. Thought, the camera doesn't quite catch it...It has an amazing shine and sparkle to it. I added some sparkle even to the flower centers using glossy accents. I then layered the sentiment and the floral frame onto a silver glitter paper and then mounted it on the card using some chipboard.
To give more texture to this card, I added some chipboard elements from Papericious which were coated with white gesso and little sparkle dust at a few places. Now, for the fun part....I did some flower layering using handmade mulberry flowers and leaves on a cheesecloth. I added little roses, rose buds and a bunch of pollens at a few places. The little floral vine on the left is something I made.....so much fun. Sprinkled some sequins and pearls and my card front was done.
On the inside, I just added a sentiment from the paper line with some silver glitter paper.....Kept it simple and left all the space for messages.
List of supplies
1 Papericious The wedding Collection paper pack
2 Itsybitsy Silver glitter paper
3 270gsm white Cardstock
4 Ranger Clear Heat embossing Powder - The Craft shop
5 Distress inks - Spun sugar, Picked Raspberry, Fossilized Amber, Crushed Olive, Twisted Citron, Shaded Lilac
6 Pearls
7 Pollens
8 Cheesecloth
9 Handmade Flowers, Leaves, Rose buds and single pollen flowers - The craft shop. The Crafter's corner
10 Tim Holtz distress tool
11 Silicon glue - Itsybitsy
12 Foam dimension tape
13 Clear sparkle powder
14 Glossy accents
15 Scallop Art scissor
16 Papericious pattern chipboard - Simple Lattice
17 Clear, white and silver sequins

I am putting my card up at the following monthly challenge at
1 Papericious May Challenge- Add flowers and diecuts
2 Addicted to Stamp and more - Anything goes
3 Craft Addiction Design team and challenge#5- Anything  but square
Mod Squad challenge - Lets color
The Ribbon Girl May Challenge
6 Craftsneed Challenge May Challenge
LCC Challenge #125 - Make your background
8 Simonsaysstamp Monday challenge - Its A Frame Up.
9 HLS May watercolor challenge
I hope you all like my card. Thank you for reading my post. Have a great day ahead.

38 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is stunning!! I love the texture and the design!! The colors and flowers are so fabulous!! Congrats on your so-deserved GD spot!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa
      I am so so glad you liked my work. So happy you could visit me...
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. Beautiful :) love the vibrant colors, so pretty
    hugs
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Preety
      So happy you could stop by. I am happy to know you like my card.
      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card, love the shape and all the details. The flowers are gorgeous
    Thank you for your GD Creations at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Hugs
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachelle
      Glad ylou could visit me. i am very happy to know you like my creation for the GD post.
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. this so pretty mukta, loved the pastel colours & flowers. Once again congratulations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shylaa
      So glad you could stop by. I am so glad to know you like my card.
      Hugs

      Delete
  5. Lovely card and I like that you did a circle. So different. The addition of the flowers both dimensional and flat looks great. Thanks so much for joining in my Challenge for the Mod Squad this week. Good luck and hope to see you again.
    Barbara DT Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Barbara
      So glad you could stop by. Indeed, the variety of flowers bring something extra....SO happy to know you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  6. Lovely card and love the concept!! Lovely use of supplies, thanks for playing along with us at Craftsneed Challenge:)! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thr
      Ty so much for stopping by. Glad you liked my card.
      Cheers

      Delete
  7. This is gorgeous . What a keep sake . TFS Let's Craft and Create.Lis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lis... Ty so much for visiting me. I am so glad you liked my card.
      Hugs

      Delete
  8. such a pretty card...perfect for the challenge...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kath...
      Ty so much for stopping by. I am glad to know my card fits the bill perfectly.
      Hugs

      Delete
  9. WOW! This is a stunner! Flowers, texture, everything is perfectly done. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Valentyna
      Ty so much for visiting me. So glad you like my work...
      Hugs

      Delete
  10. So stunning. I love the detail and flowers are perfect. Thanks for joining us at 'Lets Craft and Create'. Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jonnece
      Ty so much for stopping by. so glad you liked my card...
      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Hi Mukta
    Beautiful and so lovely is your card, i love the softness and all the flowers.
    Thanks for joining us at CraftAddiction.
    Greetings, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there
      so glad you could stop by. Happy that you like my project
      Hugs

      Delete
  12. Beautiful! I love your distress ink flowers. So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kylie
      so glad you could stop by. Happy to know you liked my card...Hugs

      Delete
  13. What a stunning card, it would certainly be kept forever by the recipient, along with all their other memento's from their big day. Your colouring of the flowers is beautiful and in all my favourite Distress Ink colours too. And I love all the different textures you used also. Its an amazing card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shona
      Ty so much for all the kind words. I am so glad you could stop by and leave me your comment. It makes me happy that you like my card... DO visit again.
      Hugs
      Mukta

      Delete
  14. What a lovely shaped card! Thanks for playing with Papericious challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Irit...Ty so much for stopping by. Glad you liked it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  15. So beautiful work, love it :) Thank you so much for joining us at Papericious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monia
      Ty so much for visiting me. So happy to know you like my card.
      Hugs

      Delete
  16. This is very pretty and quite cleverly designed. Thank you for joining us at Papercious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Erum
      Ty so much for all the kind words. I am so glad you could stop by and leave me your comment. It makes me happy that you like my design... Do visit again.
      Hugs
      Mukta

      Delete
  17. This is so pretty. I love the colors and the textures and the fact that it is a shaped card. Thank you for joining is at Papericious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ujjwal
      So glad you could stop by. Indeed, the variety of colors and textures bring something extra....SO happy to know you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  18. Lovely. Thank u for participating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Diana
      Glad you could stop by. Ty for visiting.
      Hugs

      Delete
  19. Beautiful card Mukta! Thanks for joining us at Papericious May Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty card! love the coloring with distress inks! lovely colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Papericious monthly challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete