Friday 18 August 2017

Happy Birthday Dude! - Dt post for LCC challenge Blog.

Hey guys
I have a DT inspiration post for you all today for the Let's Craft and Create Challenge blog. The theme for this month is Hey Dude! and so I have a birthday card keeping this theme in mind. This challenge runs for an entire month and you still have 2 weeks to put in your entries. Please click the link HERE to go the challenge blog.
I am putting this card up at the following blog challenges:
  1. Cards and more challenge #191- One Layer cards
  2. Addicted to CAS challenge#171 - One Layer Cards
  3. CWS challenge#17 - Boys to Men
  4. Addicted to stamps and more challenge#255 - Photo Inspiration - This picture has inspired me to do the layers of balloons on my card.
  5. Word Art Wednesday Challenge Week #296-297 - Anything Goes
  6. Scrapping4fun challenge #97- Anything Goes
This is a fairly simple card and it took me hardly 15mins to do this.So I started with a standard A2 size card base in white and stamped balloons on it using 4 different distress inks...all in the shades of blue....Tumbles Glass, Mermaid Lagoon, Salty ocean and Faded Jeans. I stamped the same image with different colors in each row. You can add more rows with more shades but I had 4 shades and so I did 4 rows.
What's the fun of using distress inks without a little water... so I sprinkled a little water and waited for the magic to happen. Lifted the water with a tissue napkin and dried my card with a heating tool.
Then, I added silver strings to my balloons with a silver sparkle pen....but i did not press my pen too much and lightly drew all the strings using a t- ruler.
To finish my card, I stamped the sentiment with versamark and Black embossing powder from Wow. Sprinkled some fun sequins to give it a little hit of sparkle.
So here I finish my quick and easy birthday card...I hope you liked it and will give it a try. Thank you for reading this post and have a great day ahead.

Supplies used:
  1. Distress inks - Tumbled Glass, Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans
  2. White cardstock
  3. Sequins
  4. water
  5. Wow Black embossing powder
  6. Versamark
  7. Balloon stamp -  KAISERCRAFT Pop!- Treats stamp set.
  8. Sentiment - Geometric Nature - Mudra Craft Stamps
  9. Silver Gel pen
  10. Heat embossing tool - Wow

28 comments:

  1. Love the ombre effect you achieved Mukta and Thank you so much for the kind words on my blog...feels so good!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you are back.Ty for stopping by.
      Big Hugs

      Delete
  2. Love the colour combo !! Its always a pleasure dropping in at your blog
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you liked my work.Ty for stopping by.
      Big Hugs

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful creation, Mukta! I love the blue olour shades of the balloons! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear for stopping by...so happy you like my work.
      HUgs

      Delete
  4. Beautiful greeting card. Thank you for playing at Scrapping4fun
    Marjeta, GD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you liked my work.Ty for stopping by.
      Big Hugs

      Delete
  5. This is so beautiful!! I love the shades of color on the balloons!! Gorgeous card!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you liked my work.Ty for stopping by.
      Big Hugs

      Delete
  6. Lovely card, love the two tones effect with the balloons.
    Thank you for joining us over at Scrapping4FunChallenges
    Kelly (DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting me...so glad you like my card.
      Hugs

      Delete
  7. I love the gradient and pattern of the balloons.
    Thank you for joining our challenge.

    -xiss- Renate.
    (DT Cards und More)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you liked my work.Ty for stopping by.
      Big Hugs

      Delete
  8. Love the balloons! This is a great masculine B-Day card. Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you liked my work.Ty for stopping by.
      Big Hugs

      Delete
  9. Beautiful card, love the Balloons and different blue colours.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you liked my work.Ty for stopping by.
      Big Hugs

      Delete
  10. OOOHHH! I love this ombré birthday card. Perfect masculine birthday card. Very different and unique. Thanks for joining the August challenge on the Creative With Stamps challenge blog. Dorlene DT CWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you liked my work.Ty for stopping by.
      Big Hugs

      Delete
  11. Such wonderful take on our inspirational photo challenge. Adore those flying up balloons. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty so much dear for stopping by...I am so glad you like my card...Hugs

      Delete
  12. love this card!! Thank you for taking the time to join in the challenge at Word Art Wednesday ! Ginny M DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ginny
      So happy to know you liked my card
      thank you for stopping by...hugs

      Delete
  13. Love this...may be simple but it's elegant and lovely! Thanks for joining in the Scrapping4Fun Challenge!

    Carrie, DT
    dearzae.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carrie
      Thank you so much dear for the kind words...sometimes less is more..ty for stopping by.
      hugs

      Delete