Sunday 27 January 2019

The Green Grass - My First Mixed Media Art Journal Page

Hey guys
I am super super excited to show you all my very FIRST ART JOURNAL PAGE. I have never made 1 before and it was in my bucket list and I finally thought its time to give this art form a try. I have to say...its really stress busting....I had such an amazing time playing with my mediums and colors....everyone should make an art journal.

  I am putting this up at the following Challenges -
  1. Lindy's Stamp Gang - January 2019 challenge 
  2. More Than Words - January 2019 Challenge - Goals and Journaling
  3. Art and Soul studios - January 2019 Challenge - I have used products available in your store - Lindys, Little Birdie and Prima Marketing.


So this year, I have decided to make atleast 1 art journal page every month with some positive quote and the GOAL is to have a dozen by the end of the year....fingers crossed. I tend to get busy with my work and forget a lot of things....and so I have a post it on my wall....which I call my Goal List with a few things I have to do this year.
Over a period of time...since I have been crafting....I have gone through lot of emotions...some good and some not so good. There have been times when I have been content with my projects...felt proud and happy....but there have also been times when I have thought to my self If I am noticed by anyone? ...or Am I not deserving enough? ...... or Is someone else better than me?......these feeling are not the best and really bring you down.....So I want to remind myself WHY I STARTED CRAFTING? Its because it was fun and made me happy...relaxed me and helped me forget all the other not so good things happening around....So I have made this journal page to remind me to APPRECIATE MYSELF.... LOVE MYSELF....STOP COMPARING WITH OTHERS & KEEP CRAFTING LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING YOU....



Enough with the heavy...I have a small clip so you can see this page upclose and I hope you all will like it....
I have used a lot of mediums from ItsyBitsy,  Finnabair and Lindys Stamp gang and a few things from my stash. Here is a list of supplies:-


  • Distress Ink, Archival Ink etc
  • Finnabair - Prima Marketing Inc
      • 3d Matt gel medium
      • Clear Gesso
      • Art Ingredients - Art stones - 
      • Stamps - honeycomb, script
  • ItsyBitsy - https://www.itsybitsy.in/ (Little Birdie)
      • 2 - 1 Modelling Paste
      • Black Gesso
      • Chalk Paint - Snow
      • Soft Matt Gel Medium
      • Stencil - Script, Rectangle Jungle, Doily Dou
      • Flowers
      • Cheesecloth
      • Washi tapes
      • Brown thread
  • Lindys Stamp Gang - Magical shakers 

    12 comments:

    1. Very pretty, I love all the texture! Thank you for adding your project to the Lindy's challenge album!

      ReplyDelete
    2. So beautiful journal! Thanks for playing with us at MTW and Lindy's!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. You did an incredible job with your first art journal page! Can't wait to see more! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

      ReplyDelete
    4. WHat an incredible Art journal layout, So fresh & inspiring to start off the new year. Thanks for joining our More Than Words challenge & best of luck.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Great work! Thanks a lot for playing with Lindy's!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Wow!!! These pages are so beautiful! Love the colors you used and all the textures! Thank you so much for playing along with us at More Than Words!

      ReplyDelete