Thursday 7 June 2018

My Journey - Mixed Media Layout Tutorial

Hello guys
I have a new layout to share with you all today. I have tried to do something different this time....wanted to break my pattern of doing floral shabby chic projects and try a new style....so here is what I made....A travel themed layout with maps, tickets and a dusty grimey background.
I have a tutorial for the same where I show you the entire process and I encourage you to watch the video.
Here are a few more pictures of this layout.....so you can see all the details I added. I had this concept in my mind that I wanted to create....I used the woodgrain paper keeping an old timey wagon in mind which has been everywhere and it covered with dust and grime and little rust..that was the effect I was going for......and very happy to see the end result.



I am putting this project up a the following blog challenges:
  1. More Than Words June Main Challenge - Journey & Map - I have included maps in my layout at multiple places and well as the work Journey. 
  2. Mixed Media Place May Challenge - Moodboard - i have included the coral, teal snd brown colors from the moodboard, The moodboard inspired me to do a travel themed layout and I tried to do the same. The metal scissor loops inspired me to include twine loops in my project. i finished it all with some flowers.
  3. HLS June Mixed Media Challenge - Layers- My layout shows layers of colors as well as papers.

List of Supplies
Image result for art basics clear gessoImage result for finnabair stamps mini read to meImage result for kaisercraft arty stampImage result for stampology postmarksImage result for archival inkImage result for eno greetings retro seriesImage result for eno greetings retro series

23 comments:

  1. Wow, this is absolutely stunning!! The details you added are amazing!! It doesn't matter what style you try, your projects are all spectacular!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful layout. Wonderful MM background details. Love all the layers, the map tag and the quote. Thanks for sharing with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a fantastic project here! Thank you for playing along with us at More than Words challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous layout. Thank you for joining us at the More Than Words Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, romantic and such a different interpretation of our June challenge! Love the layers! Thank you for playing with us at More Than Words! Hugs, Asia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creation !! Beautiful colors and texture !! Love your quote so much !! Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words Challenge !! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. I like the colors and the way you made the sentiment.
    Thanks for playing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge.
    Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Lovely layers on the layout! Thanks for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers!- Aditi

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful creation! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful project! thank you for joining us at MMP challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely page! You've done an excellent job with our Mood Board! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete