Monday 15 July 2019

Moments in Time - Mixed Media Canvas layout

Hey Guys
Today I have a colorful and happy mixed media canvas to share with you all. I have used a lot of my old stash to make this canvas and it includes atleast 3 year old flowers, stencils and more. I am a hoarded when it comes to flowers and I recently came across this massive box of old flowers and I thought to use them to make this canvas.

I have so much left that I am planning to make a floral scrapbook and use this layout as the cover for the scrapbook...and keeping that in mind I have used chipboard cover as the base for this artwork. To make the layout more fun...I decided to use a rainbow color palatte.....it was getting difficult to choose. 

I started with a plain white background and layers a lot of pattern paper strips in the center which is visible at a few place. I primed the surface with clear gesso and then stencilled at a few places using an old prima stencil. Once completely dry, I layered all my flowers and embellishments.


Then came the fun part of adding colors...I used Lindy's Magical Shakers in so many colors and then highlighted a few places with gesso. To add more interest to the layout, I did a little stamping using finnabair stamps using Grey and Black Archival inks. To finish it all, I did a  little splattering and added some bling and sentiments...and the canvas was done.



I am putting this up at the following challenges:-
  1. More Than Words July Challenge - Discover and Old Stash - I have used a lot of stuff from my old stash and while I was digging I also found these acrylic bling drops which I bought an year back...so its a win win situation for me.
  2. More Mixed Media challenge - Anything Goes Optional Pastel 

8 comments:

  1. What a woderful layout! I0m totally in love with the colors and the composition.
    Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creation is breathtaking. I love all these beautiful colors that you used harmoniously
    Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a special and beautiful LO! Thank you for playing with us at More Than Words Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and splendid.. Thank for joining the challenge at MTW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a beautiful layout. Thank you for joining us in the more than words challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very gorgeous! Absolutely love the colours! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work! Thank you for playing with us at More Than Words Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome layout! Lovely project! Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete