Tuesday 6 August 2019

Shabby Chic Furniture Remodel

Finally....I am happy to share my furniture remodel pictures with you all today. I very recently worked with an Indian Clothing brand (Nightwear)SAND DUNE to decorate their stall for the 69th Garment Fair which took place between 15th -18th July which is India's biggest annual clothing exhibition for men, women and kids.
To decorate the stall, I have remodeled 1 big table, 2 trunks and some other small things to give the stall a shabby chic appeal which would go well with the brand's appeal. I have used subtle shades of pink, teal and yellow. I took 1 week to remodel and create everything and its been raining in Mumbai very heavily which also delayed the intermittent drying time between layers of paints and mediums. Everything used is from Itsy Bitsy right from chalk paints, laces and trims, hoops, birdcages, decoupage napkin, mediums and decoupage essentials.Here are a few pictures of the stall and the setup along with some process pictures.






I started with a dilapidated table and 2 rusted trunks. I did use some products to take care of the rust on the trunk.
SHABBY CHIC TABLE:
I sanded the table and added 2 coats of white gesso on the entire surface. The table did not ave any vernier or sunmica so I did not have to remove anything from the top.
 Once dry, I colored the entire table with baby pink, bright pink and brown chalk paints. I gave them 2 coats to give a more prominent color. Once dry, I added 1 step crackle medium varying the application thickness...some places it was thick and other places thin. Once this was dry I gave the table a inal coat o baby pink chalk paint....love the cracks.
 Once, everything was dry, I let it be or a couple of hours and came back with a watercolor roses decoupage napkin. I tore it with my fingers and then created my pattern on the table. I adhered it using Deco Magic Matt....and once it was dry I sealed the napkin using the same glue. The final touches came by adding leaves...for this I used an artificial rose leaf and dipped it in yellow and leaf green chalk paints and stamped it around the roses. that added the fresh feel to the table.

Shabby Chic Trunks:

I derusted the trunk just to be safe and then followed the same procedure I used for the table. The only difference was that the smaller trunk was given a base coat of white, bright pink and brown and after the crackle medium, the final coats was teal and baby pink. This variation in colors is very evident when you see the final product.
 The final touches to the trunks was added using tinted gold metallic paints to highlight the locks, hinges and other metal parts. I was going to stack them so I did not go over the board with adding the gold paint....I added only where I knew it was seen. This is the larger trunk....loved the handles on this one.
 This is the smaller trunk....it looks so fresh and yet so shabby. Love this one.
Apart for this I also added some random pieces like bottles, frames, birdcages, an iron and shabby hoops. Here are a few images of the same. The white bottle is my fav.....loved it.



Thank you for stopping by....I hope you all like it. I am putting this project up at the following blog challenge:
  1. ItsyBitsy Blog Challenge #23 - Home Decor - I have bottles, a shabby chic table and 2 shabby chic trunks which I have altered using products from the store.
Supplies used:








2 comments:

  1. The stall looks amazing!! I love the table and suitcase!! Everything is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly adore how you upcycled this table thank you so much for taking part in this month's challenge at Itsy Bitsy. Good luck!

    Manasa Priya
    DT- Itsy Bitsy 😊

    ReplyDelete