Saturday 25 January 2020

Mixed Media File Folder - Be Brave

Hey guys
Welcome back to my blog...today I have a project which is really special to me. We often as crafters loose our mojo and its a little difficult to get back in the swing...something of this sort happened to me this January. I wasn't finding any inspiration or motivation to get back to my craft and there are so many projects in my to do list....after many days...I found this chipboard window and it helped me to break my slumber and get back in the groove.
When I saw that window, inspiration struck me and I just wanted to alter it...and I used a lot of moulds and my magical shakers and art alchemy waxes to make into this shabby ornate window frame....I didnt stop there. I decided to use it on a new project and I decided to alter my file folder which I use to store my crafty expenses. I took some inspiration from the winter sky during sunsets and altered my folder.The highlight however is the ornate window frame and using that I have built a garden on the front.....in love with it...feels like watching sunset through the gazebo in a garden. Here is the front and the back.

Here is a small clip to see it better....I encourage you all to watch it.
The folder is 12"  by 8" in size with a 2" spine which is also filled with mixed media goodness.I have used Finnabair stencil to add texture to the folder along with sand texture paste and cheesecloth. To build the composition, I used metal trinkets along with chipboard shapes and clay pieces. Here are a few more closeups of the front.....




I have used magical shakers from Lindy's to add color to the elements and the folder. The beautiful Dust Attic chipboard flourishes are covered with sand texture paste and then colored white and drenched in rainbow glitter....it is such a fun element to the folder.To bring out all the details I used art alchemy waxes - Old Silver and Vintage Gold. I finished it all up by adding moss and sentiment tiles from Tim Holtz. Here are some closeups of the back.

I am putting this up at the following blog challenges:

  1. More Than Words January 2020 Main Challenge - Highlight and Sunset Colors
  2. More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes - Optional Blue
  3. The Dusty Attic - January Moodboard Challenge

9 comments:

  1. WOW stunning project-love the stencilled background and colours used,great sentiments and beautiful embellishments
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful canvas!🙂 Thanks from MTW Challenge! Yulia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words this month! ~ Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work! I love the pop of blue! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this project!
    thank you for playing with us at MTW challenge this month!

    Sab

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning expense folder!! I love all the exquisite details you have put into it, your beautiful highlight and sunset colours, and all the pretty layers! Thank you for joining us at the More Than Words challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love this. Thanks for playing a.ong with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing project and perfect for our challenge. Very well done!! Thanks for joining us at MTW. Have a lovely day. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your canvas. The layout is amazing and the colors are superb.Thank you so much for joining us at MTW

    ReplyDelete