Tuesday 12 May 2020

Mixed Media Canvas - Make a Wish

Hello guys
Welcome back to my blog....today I have a mixed media canvas to share with you all. I made this canvas for my sister and brother-in-law for their wedding anniversary..which is today. I wasn't able to find anything to gift her....so I thought to make this canvas for her...she always appreciates and motivates me and I thought hi canvas s would make a perfect gift for her.
I did use a lot of art stones and paper clay pieces I made using moulds from Redesign by Prima...they have some amazing designs and I just use them like everywhere. To build my background, I did use White crackle paste in random areas and sprinkled some art stones using Gel medium....once everything was dry...I added my Lindy's squirts......oh those squirts are filled with magical shine...I am so happy that I have them all. I dried everything and then, layered all my pieces and pattern papers. I am really excited with the way this has turned out to be.....I was a very relaxing process and I am hopeful to make a tutroial for the next one I make....fingers crossed
So...I had this beautiful image of this girl who is blowing dandelions and I was inspired by that to make this canvas. I sorted out the primary colors to use and then everything just fell into place. I made my own pattern paper which was really fun and something I rarely do....a lot of stamping...stenciling and color sprays gave me this beautiful paper which actually completes my canvas. 




List of supplies used:-
  1. White Crackle Paste - Finnabair
  2. Heavy white Gesso - Finnabair
  3. 3D Matt Gel Medium - Finnabair
  4. Italian Accents Redesign Mould
  5. Regal Emblems Redesign Mould
  6. Art Stones, Mega Art Stones and Mini Art Stones - Finnabair 
  7. Dusty Attic Chipboard - ATc Frames #7, Bird Houses
  8. Expressions Craft Chipboard - Rose Leaves, Windows
  9. Lindys Squirts -Maple Syrup Bronze, Beaver Tail Brown, Baniff Blue, Hockey Puck Black
  10. Lindys Sprays - Aloha Avacado, Yellow Rose of Texas.
  11. Art Alchemy Wax- Vintage Gold and Rich Copper.
  12. Little Birdie Crafts Flowers
  13. Glas Glitter and Fine Glitter- Gold
  14. Tim Holtz Sentiment tiles
  15. 8"by 8"Canvas
I am putting this up at the following blog challenges
Thank you so much for stopping by...have a fun day ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning canvas. Lots of great details. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beautiful canvas! Such gorgeous texture, detail and colour!
    Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete