Wednesday 3 August 2016

Happy Rakshabandhan Card

Hello everyone
I love this time of the year in India...its raining right now but festivals are on the horizon.For me of course, the celebrations start a bit early as I love rains. Super super excited about it...but thats not what I am posting today about.
The first festival to approach is Raksha Bandhan which is on 18th August and I am sure its really special for everyone who either has a brother. I have two elder sisters and never quite celebrated Raksha Bandhan but yet it is a special day because we would be busy with all the preparations at home as my maternal uncles would come home.
Well, this is the first card I made this year to celebrate Raksh Bandhan which is for a very special client.She wanted to send to her brother who stays away from her and so I had to do this card so early.
I have did distress ink blending to get a bright frame for the card using Shaded Lilac, Spun sugar, Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade, Mermaid Lagoon, Seedless Preserves,Moved lawn and Crushed Olive.I added some white splatters to the card using some white acrylic colors. I then went ahead and make a shaker card which is filled with gold, silver, white and clear sequins. This is a pull out card and the message can be written on the hidden card inside.
 Lots of elements are added to this card like a paper Rakhi I made using punch out flowers and a quilled flower in the center. I finished the Rakhi with an embellishment in the center and attached a golden twine to it. You can also replace this with a real Rakhi for your brother and attach it to the card with a mild adhesive.
The sentiment I have used is from Peek-a-boo designs and I have stamped it using Memento Dye inks Grape jelly and Lilac roses.To give it a pop I did a gold edge to it using a gold fine tip pen. You can do embossing as well using gold embossing powder.
For the main frame of the card. I have used glitter paper cut outs from ItsyBitsy to give it a finished edge. I have filed the card with gold, iridescent, white, silver sequins and metallic micro-beads, I have made a shaker window in such a way that the center part of the card is adhered to the shaker portion and it creates a frame like look to the shaker window.
For the inside of the pullout card, I have added a red and gold tassel to the tag. At the bottom of the card I added a strip of the ink blended front card and a glitter strip.
I did some ink blending on the white cardstock using Shaded Lilac and Spun Sugar distress inks and stamped some leaves from Fiskars Petals from Scratch stamp set. I fussy cut them and then adhered them on the card. The other side is blank and you can write your messages there.
That finished our card. Its full of vibrant colors and glitter and sparkle and turned out exactly how my client asked me to do it. She was very happy when she saw it and I felt the time I spent making this card was worth it.

Supplies used:

  • White cardstock
  • Distress inks - Shaded Lilac, Spun sugar, Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade, Mermaid Lagoon, Seedless Preserves,Moved lawn and Crushed Olive.
  • White glitter strips
  • Stamps for Raksha'bandhan
  • Yellow Glitter punch out flowers from Itsybitsy
  • Ink blending tool
  • Gold Thread
  • Sequins and micro-beads
  • Fiskars Petals from scratch stamp set
  • Red and gold tassel
  • White acrylic paint
  • foam adhesive
  • Acetate sheet
  • Paper cutters,scissors and trimmers
  • Strong adhesive 
  • Gold fine tip pen
  • Memento Dye inks Grape jelly and Lilac roses
I am entering this card at Peek-a -boo challenge of the month and Paru's card making challenge, Thank you all for reading my blog post and Happy Raksha bandhan to you all.

9 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the colors and the shaker!! What a fabulous design with the pull-out card!! This is stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card...
    Thank you for joining us at Peek-a-boo designs this month..
    Wish to see you next month again with Peek-a-boo designs products..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love all the details and the different techniques you used! Thanks so much for playing Paru’s Card Making Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card..loved all the elements you have used...thanks for playing at #pabd challenge
    Daksha
    DT
    PABD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card..loved all the elements you have used...thanks for playing at #pabd challenge
    Daksha
    DT
    PABD

    ReplyDelete