Sunday 18 February 2018

Memories - Mixed Media Tag/ Shabby Chic

Hello guys
I have a mixed media tag today for you. This is a pink purple color scheme project with loads of flowers and sparkle and splatters. I have lately fallen in love with mixed media projects and cant stop making them....I have personally never done tags and this is my very first mixed media tag...so so happy to share this with you. I have made this as a inspiration for Lets Craft and Create Challenge #134 - Anything Goes = Option Mother's Day. To participate, please click HERE. I hope you all like it as well.

I started with a pattern paper from my stash from Eno Greetings...this paper was lying around for very long. I do not know what pack it belongs to, it has grey and whites stripes with light florish kinda pattern. I adhered it on a chipboard tag measuring 4.5" by 8". I distressed the edges and then added a coat of clear gesso. Once dried, I did some stencilling using Prima Marketing stencil and Modelling paste and left it to dry as well. I then, added Metallique paints from Prima Marketing. To add more interest I did some script stamping using Prima stamps.


I have used diecuts from Kaisercraft Violet crush, some flowers which I heat embossed in white on clear vellum, mulberry lillies and poppies and Handmade flowers from Little Birdie crafts.The sentiment frame is a Kaisercraft diecut as well.
The finishing touches came form White tiny pearls and Dazzle Cocktail glitter mix and splatter of acrylic paints and Gesso.  I also dry brushed all my flowers to bind everything together. My tag has so much shimmer and sparkle but unfortunately my camera failed to capture all the silver sparkle....I am so sad. I wish you all could see it in real.
I am putting up my project at the following blog challenges:-

  1. Words & Paintery February 2018 challenge  - Moodboard.
  2. Butterfly challenge - Spin the wheel with letter P - I have used pinks, purples and hints of peach with pattern papers and tiny pearls.
  3. Crafty Calendar Challenge- 2 or more layers - I have a layered mixed media tag.
  4. Creative Artiste Challenge Blog #35 - Anything Goes
  5. HLS Mixed Media Challenge February- Butterfly


Here is a list of supplies

  • Prima Marketing Stencil - Fading Floral
  • Prima Marketing Finnabair mixed media clear Stamp- Read to Me
  • Prima Marketing Art Alchemy Metallique Paints - Crocus Fields, Vintage Rose, pink Blush
  • Kaisercraft diecuts - Violet Crush
  • Little Birdie Craft- Dazzle Cocktail - Martini
  • Little Birdie Craft - 2 in 1 Modelling paste.
  • Little Birdie Craft - Handmade Printed Flowers Purple
  • Prima Marketing - Clear Gesso 
  • Mulberry flowers - Crafters corner
  • Natural Jute fibre, Tiny Pearls - ItsyBitsy
Thank You for stopping by and have a nice day ahead.

24 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning!! The layers are amazing!! I love the colors and gorgeous flowers!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning tag, I love all the different textures and your flowers are so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous tag! I love the depth you have created and the colour scheme used. Thank you for joining us this month at Creative Artiste, Jane (DT) :) x http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunningly beautiful tag. Every layers adds beauty to the tag. Thank you for joining us at the HLS mixed media challenge. - Priya Satish DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This might only be a tag but just look at how much you have managed to pack onto it. I love all those flowers and all those gorgeous shades of colours. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful!
    Great!
    Susi from
    FROEBELSTERNCHEN
    and the monthly challengeblog for Art Journalers
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful tag, gorgeous colours. Lovely elements and fabulous textures.
    Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  8. your tag is gorgeous. I love all the different layers you have added to the tag and the colors are fantastic
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous !! Love it !! Thanks for playing at Words & Paintery !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Torsa
      Thank you so much for stopping by....glad you liked it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  10. Beautiful Tag.. Thanks for playing with us at Words & Paintery!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dear
      Thank you so much for stopping by....glad you liked it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  11. Amazing tag! Thank you for joining us at Words & Paintery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there
      Thank you so much for stopping by....glad you liked it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  12. Amazing colors and details!Thanks for join us from Words & Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it too.
      Hugs

      Delete