Thursday 14 February 2019

" Believe in Yourself " - Mixed Media Canvas Tutorial | DT Inspiration for ItsyBitsy

Hey guys
Today, on Valentine's Day i am sharing a mixed media canvas with you all which I made to celebrate love. We all wait for the one person who will be there with us forever...someone who will have your back, listen to you and come what may never leave your side have but most of us fail to realize that we have that person within ourselves.
I am basically celebrating Valentine's Day with my very first Valentine...MYSELF. Its sounds silly but I think even when you have no one...you will always have yourself...ALWAYS AND FOREVER so LOVE YOURSELF and BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.......and TRUST YOURSELF.
This is also my DT Inspiration post for ItsyBitsy and you can read a full tutorial to make this project by clicking HERE
I love pinks...its my fav color and I tried a lot to restrain myself from using it...but I finally gave into the temptation. I wanted to give this canvas a very delicate and feminine look and so I have used multiple shades of pinks, peaches, coral and whites along with hints of black, grey and beige. To achieve this look I used lacy background paper and a stencil to mimic the look.
It was really fun to play with flowers and embellishments to bring in a feminine look....and the sentiment was framed and mounted with layers of papers to add more interest to the focal sentiment. The final touches came from a lot of sequins, glitter, mico beads and splatters. Here are some more closeups of my project...I hope you all like it.



I am putting this project up at the following blog challenges :-
  1. More Than Words February Challenge - Always and Quote
  2. Mixed media Warriors #37 - All You Need is Love

4 comments:

  1. Love the colourscheme, peach, pinks, corals & black, beautiful canvas Mukta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god your creation is splendid.♥
    I like that you used a form of heart, it goes very well with the challenge
    Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project.. Thanks for joining us at MTW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete