- Stones or pebbles (colored or uncolored)
- Acrylic paints
- Epoxy based glue ( Araldite or Epoxy 6000)
- Round/ square Chipboard piece (10 cm diameter/sides)
- Pattern paper or any paper
- Clear varnish
- Clean and wash all your stones with soap water to remove all
the dirt and grime. Dry them completely before you start using them.
Purple and grey mixed stones Green and Turquoise mixed stones
- Get a circular piece of chipboard or any other shape you desire. Size should be approximately 10 cm in diameter or 10 cm x 10 cm if square.
- Cover it with Pattern paper on both sides. You can use
- Now Place the tea-light in the center and start sticking stones in circular manner
using epoxy glue ( I used
Araldite). Make sure you place
stones keeping distance from the tea-light. Instructions to use epoxy glue is
mentioned on the product itself.
- Once you place a single layer of stones, wait for it to dry a little. Once it dries up, start building a second layer using epoxy glue. In such manner you can build ans many layers as you want.
- Please be careful while placing the stones as they are irregular shaped, it takes patience and practice to place them properly. Sometimes you might have to hold it in place for few mins to secure them in place. I placed 4 layers of stones to obtain my tea-light holders.
- That’s all you have to do. The perforated look comes naturally as the stones are all irregular in shape.
- Now allow the tea light holder to dry for a day. Once dried, apply atleast 2 coats of varnish. Remember to paint the stones if they are not painted, before applying varnish. You can add embellishments it you want.
- Your project is ready. Light it up and relax.