Monday 11 March 2019

Opulant Lotus Pond - Mixed Media | Made from Cement

Hey guys
Today I have a mixed media project which is completely made from cement. I have never used cement in art projects  and that is why I was really excited to play with this product. This is what I have come up with….a Lotus Pond made from scratch using the craft cement. Lotus are feminine and very royal...this "PROJECT FOR ME A MY WAY OF INTERPRETING A PRINCESS IN HER PALACE".

Whenever I think of lotus there are few words that come to my mind…..exotic, luxurious, sacred and beautiful. So I have clubbed all these things to come up with this Opulent Lotus Pond. I have a tutorial for the same on the ItsyBitsy blog and you can go there by clicking HERE


To satisfy the mixed media artist in me, I coated the entire lotus with Little Birdie Texture Paste and white gesso. I let it dry completely which took about 15minutes. I colored the lotus with various tones of pink. I initially used shades of peach and gold and pink but then at the end I changed it because I wanted a bolder look for the lotus.  
 I jazzed it up with glitter and sparkle and added it to the base plate. I have used M-seal, a fast curing epoxy compound to do this. Then I covered the area around the lotus with microbeads in blue and green to give the effect of murky water and lotus leaves. I sprinkled it with little more gold shimmer and finished it with a fancy lace from my stash. That was the final touch of luxury to my majestic Lotus Pond!! Here are the pictures…I hope you like it. 


I am putting this up at the following blog challenges
  1. Rhedds Creative Spirit  - March Challenge
  2. More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes green

5 comments:

  1. Interesting and different would be my description. Thank you for sharing with Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luxurious indeed! Thanks for playing along with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://welove2create.blogspot.com/ Wow thank you for sharing your fabulous project with the DT from We Love To Create, love the colors and the idea of making a Lotus Pond, it truly is magic Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome article! Thank you for this article.

    ReplyDelete