Wednesday 17 July 2019

SteamPunk Mixed Media File Folder

Hey guys
Today I am sharing a mixed media file folder with you all. This folder is 12" by 8" in size with a 2" spine and I altered it using a ton of mixed media mediums and techniques.
I have used 3 different stencils to add texture to the file....alone with cheese cloth and twine. Here you have a look at the back where you can see all the different textures. I have given the entire file a rusty steampunk kinda look which is so fun to make.

Then, I added a lot of metal and chipboard embellishments to the file and tried to bring the focus on the center pocket watch element. The beautiful Industrial stars are from Dusty Attic which work so well on this folder.....glad I saved them for a while. I have used a lot of metal screws, buttons and washers along with clay pieces to add more interest to the project.



Once all the layout was built, I coated it all with black gesso and then started adding colors using Lindys Magical shakers and Itsybitsy metallic paints. It took me some time to get it all done and once I was happy with it all, I added some shine using Art Alchemy Waxes and finished it all with Tim Holtz stickers.....Really happy with the way it has turned out.


Here is a small click so you all can see it much better.
I am putting this up at the following blog challenges:-
  1. More Than Words July Challenge - Discover and Old Stash - I have used a lot of stuff from my old stash. The metal embellishments from ItsyBitsy were bought an year back. The stencils I used are also old Prima stencil and the file folder used holds all my crafty bills and it has been with me since 2015.....now it looks amazing.
  2. The Dusty Attic July 2019 Challenge - Moodboard - The moodboard inspired me to make this project. I have used the colors from the moodboard but my project being steampunk, the lloks do not look so vibrant and has a rusty feel to it.





8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is spectacular!! Wow!! I love the details you added!! The colors are gorgeous!! What a work of art!! I love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my ... LOVE this book cover, great job on the details and the colors. Just a gorgeous piece. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words & best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This is so amazing! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at More than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! this is absolutely amazing!! Love it!
    Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous project with so many beautiful details...
    Thank you for joining us at More Than Words Challenge this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I wish i could do project like that! it's perfect! Thank you for playing with us at DustyAttic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning project! Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete