Tuesday 8 May 2018

"Memories which last Forever" - Mixed Media Canvas | Tutorial

Hello everyone
I have a new mixed media canvas for you all today which is inspired by my childhood memories. This canvas is my DT inspiration project for ItsyBitsy and you can visit the blog by clicking HERE. You can see a full list of supplies used along with more pictures there.
As a child, month of May was the time where the schools were shut down and all the books were back in the cupboards. All I did was eat mangoes and play in my garden which was filled with fluttering butterflies and fragrant flowers. So gardens are nostalgia for me..... and I have tried to show that in my canvas.
The alphabet background I used to show that books have now taken a backseat and its time to play with butterflies in my garden and so the flowers are the focal elements on my canvas. I have added a lot of gold elements and empty frames to my canvas as gold for me depicts old or vintage.....and thus I tried to represent "Capturing old memories". The color inspiration of yellow and green comes from the King of Fruits - Alphonso Mangoes. So this canvas for me is my childhood memories of May vacation. Here are a few closeups of my canvas.
 


I have spoken enough....its time for the tutorial. I have a video tutorial for you all from the start to end....which I have sped up a little. I encourage you all to watch it if you want to know how I made this canvas.

I am putting my project up for the following blog challenges:-
  1. More Than words - May Challenge- Memories and Frame. 
  2. More mixed Media Challenge - Anything goes optional Pink
  3. Scrap and Craft - May Challenge - Use 3 chipboards - I have used 1 background chipboard piece, 1 chevron chipboard piece, 2 corner chipboard pieces and a chipboard sentiment.

27 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Dr.Sonia. So glad you liked it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and so colourful. Good work. So summery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  3. Wow!! This is absolutely stunning!! It's like a garden on a canvas!! I love the colors and the details!! I'm off to watch the video to see how this came together!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. Beautiful canvas! So bright and colorful! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! So many amazing layers, textures and details with beautiful colours. Thanks for joining in at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  6. oh wow! this canvas looks awesome. it is the best idea to design it. I really like it, thanks for sharing.
    Marble medallion in india

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous canvas! With a real nostalgia behind it:) I also miss my childhood garden with flowers and butterflies...:) Thank you for playing with us at More Than WOrds! Hugs, Asia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous canvas!! You've captured these childhood memories so beautifully!! Thanks for joining along with the May Scrap & Craft Challenge! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous canvas of beautiful garden !! Thank you for playing with us at More Than Words Challenge! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  10. This is amazing! I adore your colours and the story of your memories is wonderful! I'm so glad you could play along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  11. Stunning work! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  12. How utterly beautiful..the flowers are so gorgeous and so is that fabulous background.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at More Mixed Media this month..x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  13. Such a gorgeous project-loving the background work! Thanks for playing along at Scrap & Craft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  14. Absolutely stunning canvas with those colours and detail...thank you for joining us for our More Mixed Media Challenge..hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey
      Thank you so much for visiting me. So glad you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete