Tuesday 20 August 2019

Explore New Paths - Art Journal Spread

Hey guys
I am sharing an art journal spread with you all today. I have really enjoyed making this page....Its my second art journal page ever and I was nervous to begin with....but as I went on it was so much fun and all my nerves calmed down....I guess that's what art does to you..soothes you completely. I have made this page keeping the current blog challenge at Dusty Attic and Lindy's stamp gang for the month of August....so the colors and the elements chosen are inspired by the challenge themes.
I started with priming the page with white gesso and then added some textures. dried everything thoroughly and then added color using magical shakers from Lindy's Stamp gang. Once I was happy with the colors, I added more textures to the page using stamps and embossing powders. Later I added few circles cut from an old book page to create the base for my focal element.


 For adding more interest to the page, I added a lot of splatters and also outlined the circles. I wanted to highlight the textures but then I decided to keep it more pastel and subtle....so you can feel the texture but not really see it as a distinct feature.

 Once everything was dry, I assembled my focal elements using some cheesecloth and art stones. Added gold splatters and finished with some fun colored melange stones, sequins and diamond dust.
I am adding my tag to the following challenges:
  1. Lindy's August Color Challenge - Products used are Magical Shakers - Oom Pah pah , Alpine Ice Rose,  Black Forest black and Gueten Tag Teal magical shakers
  2. Creative Artiste challenge #52- Anything Mixed Media Goes
  3. Dusty Attic August Moodboard - I have used dusty attic chipboard on my project.

4 comments:

  1. Your pages are absolutely gorgeous!! The texture is amazing!! I love all of the beautiful details you added and the colors!! It's so artistic!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of this beauty lol! Unable to do some Art journal lovely as this. It's gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at Dusty Attic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful journal spread. Gorgeous colour blends and textures.
    Thank you for joining in with our August challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh....the textures and colors are so gorgeous!!! Wish I was at a Beach-side now....Thank you for playing along with us at the Dusty Attic this month!

    ReplyDelete