Thursday 2 April 2020

Humanity will Win - Art Journal spread

Hello guys
I hope you all are safe....please be safe and keep your loved ones safe and please be at HOME!
Its been rough and my day starts with worry and ends with anxiety.....in these times one finds it extremely difficult to be positive and happy. COVID -19 has killed more people than the WW2 and the toll just keeping going higher each day. My husband is on an oil rig...and he is asked to stay where he is till the rules of lockdown are relaxed...so most of the time..I am just worried about him and spend most of days just watching news and doing housework. I am sure a lot of you are experiencing similar feeling...worrying for the safely of our loved ones and our world.
 After many days...yesterday I saw the new Lindy's challenge and the moodboard made me want to do an art journal page. The colors were happy and I started with the background...so happy and lively and before I knew it...I was again gripped with fear and news of more deaths and cases in India and the world...and this is what I drew.
 I must say it...by the time I finished my spread...I felt much better and I made my self believe that the doctors and nurses and all the others risking their lives out there....will save us all. I want to believe this and I am sure this pandemic will soon end and we will have a vaccine and treatment available.
That cheered me up a little and to add insult to the injury we will do...I wrote this letter to the virus. As soon as I wrote it...I felt so much better and positive and now I am confident we will win this war...and Humanity will prevail.

Here is my art journal page and I dedicate it to all the people battling out there for us...specially the medical fraternity. I pray for their safely and If you like my page...I want you to join in and pray for the Safety of all these brave people battling for us.
Supplies used
  1. Black Sharpie marker
  2. Finnabair Heavy White gesso , Soft Gloss Gel Medium and Heavy Black Gesso.
  3. Lindy's Gang Startburst squirts - Hockey Pockey Black, Loonie Toonie Teal
  4. Lindy's Gang Magical shakers - Autumn Maple CrimsonPolka Purple
  5. Lindy's Gang Sprays - Cotton Candy Pink, Frenchy's Pink Pouf.
  6. Tim Holtz Big Chat Stickers.
I am adding this to the Lindy's April Challenge - Moodboard.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment