Thursday 30 April 2020

Be a Dreamer - Mixed Media Journal Spread.

Hey guys
Today I have a new art journal spread to share with you all. I made this for Lindy's Gang April 2020 challenge keeping the challenge moodboard in mind. I call this page Be a Dreamer...and I think we all want to dream a healthy life on the other side of this door....atleast thats what I want to see on the other side

I started with priming my page with white gesso and used old book pages and washi tapes to create my background. To add more texture and layers, I added crackle paste in a few places and also stencilled using pink tinted modelling paste. To add more interest, I used purples and bold pinks and added some paint brush strokes. 
To create more layers, I added stamping in various places using Jet Black and Smoke Grey Archival inks and also inked my edges. Then, I built my focal point from the center fold of the page....I used a pretty door from Life Stories by Mintay along with with some other elements from the same collection. I added some diecuts using Fantasy dies, butterflies, flowers and cheesecloth to create more interest. Finished it all with splatters and Tim Holtz motivational stickers.

Here are some closeup shots....you can see all the intricate details like cheesecloth, splatters, washi tapes, stamping, stencilling, laces and more. I felt very happy looking at this page but I broke my camera and had to take the pics using my mobile phone....I did my best but the spread in real is much better to look at.

I am putting this up at the 
  1. Lindy's April Challenge - Moodboard.- Lindy's Gang Magical shakers -  Polka PurpleAlpine Ice Rose, Time Travel TealAutumn Maple Crimson and Guten Tag Teal.

No comments:

Post a Comment