Tuesday 14 April 2020

Mixed Media Art Journal Cover - Dreamer of Dreams

Hello guys
I hope you are all safe at home...I am safe at home as well. I try to make art and shift my focus into more positive things beacuse I was getting kinda mopey. Anyhow....what would usually cheer me up is new craft supplies and I have a lot of my supplies stuck in transit as the courier and postal services are suspended. I waiting to see my new stencils and waxes and Fluid acrylics by Finnabair specially....well then the wait seems to be never ending.

So today, I am sharing Mixed media Art Journal Cover today with you all. I was inspired by April Art Recipe at Finnabair blog....how I wish I had the new stencils and Fluid acrylics. Last time I did a art journal cover, I made it for myself and I tried to take inspiration from the Spring season...this time around I am inspired by Winters and Night skies.

I also made a small book mark to go along with this journal....looks so pretty together....
Here I am sharing a few images of my gorgeous journal also with a small clip to see it upclose.
The focal element is a delicate chipboard clock dial with a stunning moon in the center made from the Finnabair mould -Stars and Moon. I also made and used a crescent moon and stars to create this pretty starry night.....I am in love with how it looks.



I used amazing sprays and shakers from Lindy's Stamp Gang and varnished it all to seal the colors in. All the mixed media Stencil,textures and mediums are from Finnabair and the pretty chipboard clock dial and roman numerals are from The Expressions Craft.

I am putting this up at the following blog challenges:
  1. Finnabair : April art Recipe 2020 The Art Recipe has a few options for colors and elements to choose from and I choose stencils and moulds and used crocus and gold as my challenge colors. 
  2. Lindy's April Challenge - Moodboard.-Lindy's Gang Startburst squirts -Polite People Purple,  Lindy's Gang Magical shakers -  Polka Purple, Magnolia Magenta Gold, Lindy's Gang Sprays - Cotton Candy Pink, Frenchy's Pink Pouf and Tiffany Lou Blue.
  3. Welove2create Blogspot Challenge #4 - Anything goes
  4. Creative Artiste Mixed media Challenge #59 - Anything Goes
Thank you for stopping by...Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. https://welove2create.blogspot.com/
    Absolutely georgous art journal cover, those colors are fabulous and all the little detaills fab. Thank you for sharing your project with the DT from We Love To Create Hugs Terry (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful journal cover and bookmark. Gorgeous colors and fabulous textures.
    Thank you for joining in with our April challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete