Wednesday 11 May 2016

Congrats on your Engagement

Hello everyone
I hope you all are good. Wedding bells are ringing all around me and a very close family member is getting engaged tomorrow. As an Indian, our blessing are in the form of best wishes and money.......nice huh.
So, today I have made a gift envelope which accomoates both,blessings and cash gifts. Cool rite!!!!!
Stay tuned. I am going to show you how to make this card.

Materials:
  1. White and golden yellow Cardstock
  2. Glitter flower diecuts in different sizes (Itsy Bitsy)
  3. Sentiment stamps and dye inks
  4. Sequins
  5. Paper Twine
  6. Satin ribbon
  7. Adhesives 
  8. Scissors
  9. Score board
  10. Fancy scissors
  11. Sequins
Procedure:
  1. I have taken a 6 " by 12 " white cardstock for the card base. I score the card at 6 " and got a 6 " by 6 " square card.
  2. I have cut a big heart from a 3 . 5 " square white cardstock. On this piece, I have attached many different sized glitter flowers in shades of yellow. I have raised the petals of the flowers to give it a 3d look. I have completely covered the white cardstock with flowers so white is seen.
  3. Now, on the inside  have attached an envelope made using a golden yellow cardstock. Use the image below to make the envelope. Fold the cardstock at the mentioned places and adhere the ends to obtain an envelope. 


  4. Using a fancy scissor, I trimmed the flap of the envelope. Then, I stamped the pattern on a white cardstock and added a BEST WISHES sentiment in the middle using Memento Tuxedo Black and Dandelion dye inks. Both the stamps are from Inkadinkado Birthday Wishes Stamp Set.

  5. I then, adhered this piece to the envelope. I added this envelope to the card using strong adhesive. Before sticking the envelope, I wound satin ribbon around the envelope which I then used to secure the flap of the envelope. However, please add glue to the flap before closing it if you are adding cash inside the envelope. I added a few sequins here and there to finish the inside. 
  6. On the right side, I stamped to and from stamps from JustRite Clear Grand Handwritten Sentiments Stamp Set.
  7. Now. on the front side, I added a congrats sentiment from the JustRite Clear Grand Handwritten Sentiments Stamp Set. I stamped it on white cs which I added on golden yellow cs, I then mounted this on the card using foam tape.
  8. I also wounded a yellow paper twine 2 times around the fold of the card and ended it in a bow. Added a little glitter to the center of the bow. To finish the card, glue the floral heart piece to the center of the card using good strong adhesive.. 
  9. That's it. I finished the card with a few sequins on the card and in the gaps of the center piece.
I hope you liked my card. You can make it in different colors and different sizes. I did yellow because yellow is a sacred color in Hinduism and it indicates prosperity.

Thank you for vising my blog and till next time......keep crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment