Monday 23 May 2016

Thankful for adding colour to my life...

Hello guys

How are you all today? Its very cloudy today, here in Mumbai with little peeps of sunshine. Can't stop thinking about rains and rainbows and beautiful colors. So to distract myself, I made a handmade card and yes its a rainbow shaker card.

This card is inspired by all the colors of summer and since its about to rain in few days...I made a rainbow colored shaker card. I am entering this card at Peek-a-boo May challenge and Paper Smooches May challenge.

My card takes inspiration from the Rainbow theme for the Paper Smooches challenge for this month as well as Manu Gupta's Card and I have incorporated the rainbow colors, sequins and stamping.
To make this card, I have used 5.5 " square white heavyweight cardstock for base as well as the front window. I have hand-drawn the desired shape on the cs and then cut it using a sharp cutter.
Then, I cut the same size acetate sheet and adhered it to the back of the fussy cut cardstoc. You can also use a die for creating a shaker window, as I do not have such a die, I went ahead and fussy cut it.
After adhering the acetate sheet, I have added thin strips of foam adhesive on the trellis like pattern. Be careful as you do not want the foam tape to be seen from the front.
Now. I brushed the edges of the foam tape with baby talc to remove any unwanted stickiness as we are going to add sequins to it and we do not want them to stick to the sides.
I added sequins in the partitions carefully. I also glued a few of them on the cardstock base so that it wont look empty. You can adhere this window to another 5.5" square cardstock or directly to your card base. I adhered it to the another cardstock.
I have added Paper Smooches thankful sentiment to the white cardstock.This I added to the black cs and did banner cuts at both ends. I mounted this sentiment to the card using foam adhesive.
For the inside, I added few sequins in all the rainbow colors and handwrote the sentiment " for adding colour to my life..." with a waterproof black gel pen.

That completes our card for today.I hope you all liked it and thank you for reading my post. Till next time....keep smiling.

6 comments:

  1. That is a FABULOUS shaker card! WOWZA! I love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with our May Rainbow challenge--I hope you will play along with the June Layers challenge (starts Wednesday!!)! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty....I will be playing along your June Challenge!

      Delete
  2. fantastically hand cut & created shaker card !!liked the rainbow colored sequins !!
    Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us @ peek-a-boo Challenge !!
    DT**

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic shaker project Mukta! Love the colors too! ^__^ Thank you so much for playing along Challenge #6 over at Peek-a-Boo Designs!
    All the best! <3

    ReplyDelete