Tuesday 24 May 2016

Happy Birthday(shaker balloon card)

Hey all

Its getting hotter by the day, so please drink enough fluids to keep yourself hydrated. I did a new card today which is all pastel and all sequins.....its another shaker card but this time it carries shaker balloons and Happy Birthday sentiment.

My card is inspired by Halak Shah's card which she made for Peek-a-boo Inspire yourself challenge. Her card inspired me to use pastel colors, sequins, washi and paper tapes and hearts and stars which I have accomodated in the form of sequins.
I am putting this card up for the Peek-a boo May challenge.

To begin, I made 5 small shaker balloons using pale yellow cardstock, acetate sheet and pretty pretty sequins. I have used distress inks to color the balloon edges and the colors I used are Worn lipstick, Spun sugar, Shaded lilac, Peacock feathers and Squeezed Lemonade. I fussy cut all the balloons using a pen knife.
I filled the balloons with matching color sequins. I used few blue flat sequins, purple cone sequins, red heart confetti sequins,yellow flat sequins and pink star confetti sequins. I was inspired by the hearts and starts stamp on Halak's card and so I used star and heart confetti in my card.

I adhered these balloons onto a pale yellow card base which is 5. 25 " square card. I also added bakers twine in matching colors to the balloons. I finished the card with Happy Birthday sentiment from Grand Handwritten Sentiments from Just Rite stamps. I stamped it on the same pale yellow cardstock and mounted it on black cardstock for a better effect.
 Embellished the front with some gold chevron washi tape, pink chevron washi tape and violet polka dotted paper tape. Added few silver sequins to finish the front. I have distressed the card front with the cutter to make it look worn out.
Now, Its a pull out pocket card. To make the pocket, I simple used a 5.5" x 11" black cardstock and score it in the center. I folded and glued the cardstock together on 3 sides while leaving one side open to fill in the card. I adhered my card front on the black cardstock pocket using foam tape. I kept the pocket opening on the right side of the card.
 For the pull out card, I used a pale yellow cardstock which is 4. 75 " x 4. 75 " on which I added thin strips of gold chevron pattern washi tapes at the two ends. I also added balloonc which I cut and distressed with peacock feathers, shaded lilac and spun sugar and drew strings using black waterproof pen. Finished the inside with a happy birthday sentiment near the strings and little sequins to the balloons.
To enable the pulling out of the card, I added a little black cardstock tab and a lilac bakers twine bow to it.
I hope you guys like it. Thank you for reading my blog. Have a great day.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card..Liked the shaker balloons !!
    Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us @ peek-a-boo Challenge !!
    DT**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love your card Mukta, it's gorgeous! I am truly honored that my project inspired you to create this beauty! ^__^ Thank you so much for playing along Challenge #6 over at Peek-a-Boo Designs!
    All the best! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.. I loved your card.. Can you please tell me where did you get this different types of sequins?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shikha. Ty for the comment. I have bought some sequins from ItsyBitsy while some are from Hobby Ideas. But most of them are from local stationary stores across Mumbai. You will be surprised to see what all they stock. I buy craft stores wherever Ii find them and that keeps things interesting because you never know what you might find in those little dingy shops.

    ReplyDelete