Friday 13 May 2016

Thank you Doctor

Hello everyone
This card is made for a very special person who recently was blessed with a baby boy. She wanted to thank her doctors in more than verbal ways. So she asked me to make a thank you card and I have done my best to accommodate her request.


I haven't made a tutorial for this card but I am planning to do a tutorial once I make another one of the same card. I am however uploading pictures and a video so you can see this very cute card.
I started with a front folding card made using white cardstock. Its a big card with 6" as back and front opening at 2 3/4" and 3 1/4". Then I added a tag on the left side with 1 3/4" by  1  1/4". On this added I added the name of the doctors with a little Red plus sign. I had added score lines on the edge of the tags for that additional look.
On the right side, I added a small pocket with a edge. The pocket size is 2 1/4" by 2". I have stamped thank you on the pocket. a baby bottle, a pacifier and a diaper pin was hand drawn on a white cardstock and wed using Camelin watercolors. I glued the pin on the pocket while mounted the bottle and pacifier on a foam tape below the pocket. Now, i made the peek a boo by simply adding a folded cardstock below it. Finished the card front with a black button.



















For the inside, I added a fussy cut tie which I had handdrawn on a white cardstock. I added blue cs strips on the tie to finish the look. I also added a light blue cs on the inside stamped with thank you and from. I left all that space for any message to be conveyed to the doctor.




The envelope I made is a simple box envelope which has thank you sentiment stamped on it. I hope you liked my card.
Thank you so much for vising my blog.

4 comments:

  1. loved the card! very interesting :).
    - Khushboo Gandhi (Snowflakes and Lilies)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is lovely. I recently had a knee operation and made cards for the hospital staff, anaesthetist, and surgeon, because they were all so nice to me. We often forget to thank these people who are always there for us when needed and often taken for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Angie... Very true...We always forget to thank our doctors and take them for granted...we have an attitude like its their job and we pay them to treat us....But sometimes they go out of their way to help us and we never quite can thank them enough for what they do for us.....I made these cards to spread a word that we need to thank our doctors for helping us.

      Delete